Biospecimen Management Software
The Biorepository Core Resource in conjunction with the Clinical and Translational Science Center and UC Davis Health Research IT is proud to offer Freezerworks™ LIMS to UC Davis researchers.
Freezerworks LIMS software provides a secure, customizable platform for managing research specimens of all types – from highly regimented clinical trial specimens to cell lines and viral vectors. Freezerworks is compliant with HIPAA, 21CFR11, and CAP regulations and securely hosted on the UC Davis Health Citrix™ environment.
Freezerworks offers —
- configurable data fields – customized to your exact research needs
- barcode labels for error-free sample labeling
- easy to configure searches with multiple criteria – allowing researchers to zero in on the specimens that best fit their experimental design
- chain-of-custody documentation – whether checking samples out to a post-doc or shipping samples to collaborators, track exactly what was shipped, when, and how
- configurable data imports and exports – allow for the easy transfer of data between Freezerworks and other systems
- clinical trials management – model specimen collection for complex, highly regulated clinical trials to ensure that samples are collected per protocol while limiting deviations
- testing functions – allow larger labs to “order” tests and receive results in the system
- requisition, billing & recharge functions – allow biobanks to recoup costs by charging for specimens that are provided to collaborators in a structured and regulated format
Email the Biorepository Core Resource to learn more about implementing Freezerworks™ in your lab.