These chipotle pickled carrots can be a great healthy snack by themselves, or you can incorporate them in other dishes like salads. Compliments to UC Davis Health Executive Chef Santana Diaz for this cool veggie idea.
- 1/2 gallon golden balsamic or rice vinegar
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 individual peppers from a can of chipotle in adobo
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 carrot sticks
- Cut carrot sticks to your liking. However, they should be no thicker than your finger.
- Place all pickling liquid ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Place carrots in a storage container and pour hot liquid the carrot sticks.
- Allow to cool before placing the lid on the container.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve the next day.