This refreshing salad comes from the UC Davis Health kitchen, courtesy of Executive Chef Santana Diaz and the Food and Nutrition Services team.
Ingredients for salad
- 2 1/2 Bartlett pears
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 ounces pepitas seeds
- 2 ounces pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds of chopped kale
Ingredients for golden balsamic dressing
- 7 tbsp. golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red peppers
- 14 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut pears in half and toss with oil.
- Spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and put pears cut side down.
- Roast in oven for 15 mins. or until center is soft.
- Cool pears fully and then julienne.
- To create the dressing, in a bowl mix together golden balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, Kosher salt, ground black pepper and crushed red peppers.
- Slowly whisk oil into ingredients to blend.
- In a salad bowl, mix together the roasted pears, pomegranate and pepitas seeds, kale and golden balsamic dressing.
- Serve and enjoy.
**Recipe courtesy of UC Davis Health Executive Chef Santana Diaz and the Food and Nutrition Services team.