- 6 1/2 ounces white beans
- 2 5/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup of canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 5/8 ounces of baby kale
- Soak beans overnight.
- In the morning, drain water and steam beans for 45 mins. until center is soft.
- In a saucepan, add crushed tomato, minced garlic, crushed red peppers, Spanish paprika, and cooked beans.
- Bring to a simmer and fold in kale.
- Cook for 5 mins.
**Recipe courtesy of UC Davis Health Executive Chef Santana Diaz and the Food and Nutrition Services team.