Have you ever been given unsolicited parenting advice? We know you have, it's so common. And it can be so annoying. Sometimes it feels like people are judging you. What is the best way to respond to unwanted advice? In this episode, we discuss several strategies to deal with unsolicited parenting advice, while at the same time doing what's best for your children. We also talk about the specific challenges that come with unwanted advice from grandparents, because we all want to maintain positive relationships within the family. Want some unsolicited good advice? Then listen to this episode!
This episode written by Dr. Dean Blumberg and Dr. Lena Rothstein.
- Zero to Three ‘Tis the Season … Handling Unwanted Parenting Advice With Grace
- Rachel Sharansky Danziger The Day I Finally Blew Up At Unsolicited Parenting Advice on Kveller.com
- Child Development Institute Handling Unwanted Parenting Advice: A Guide For New Parents
- Zero to Three Grandparents Who Care: Sharing the Care with Your Own Parents
- Zero to Three The Grandparent Guide: What’s New? What’s the Same?
Photo from Baby Gizmo