Let’s all go on a bike ride! This episode is all about cycling. When do children typically start riding bikes? When do they transition from tricycles to training wheels to bicycles? How do you choose the right bike for your child? Should you choose one for them to grow into? What type of bike helmet is best, and how can you encourage your child to use it consistently? We discuss all these questions and more, including common sense cycling safety rules that every child should know, how to safely bike to school, common cycling injuries, and how to get started early by cycling with your baby.
This episode written by Drs. Dean Blumberg and Lena van der List.
- Healthy Children Biking
- Healthy Children Baby On Board: Keeping Safe on a Bike
- Healthy Children Ready for a Tricycle?
- Healthy Children Choosing the Right Size Bicycle: Tips for Parents
- Healthy Children Bicycle Safety: Myths and Facts
- Healthy Children Bicycle Helmets: What Every Parent Should Know
- Healthy Children How To Get Your Child To Wear a Bicycle Helmet
- Healthy Children Walking and Biking to School
Photo from WeLoveCycling.com