It's common for children to have their ears pierced. In this episode, we discuss some options for where to get ears pierced, some common complications of ear piercing and how to avoid them, and cultural expectations related to ear piercing.
This episode written by Drs. Dean Blumberg and Lena van der List.
- Dr. Tanya Medical Ear Piercing
- Jillian Parekh & Faye Kokotos Pediatrics in Review article Ear Piercing
- Healthy Children Avoiding Infection After Ear Piercing
- Calabasas Pediatrics Wellness Center Aftercare Instructions for Ear Piercing
- The Times of India The science behind ear piercing and other traditional beliefs
- Katherine Rivera Ear Piercings for Babies | A Cultural Controversy
- Priscilla Blossom 9 Things White Families Don't Understand About Piercing A Baby's Ears
Photo from University of Utah Health