Food Allergies in Children
Food allergies are common complaints in the pediatric office. In this episode we discuss how to differentiate true food allergies versus food intolerance. We review the most common allergenic foods, discuss how allergies develop, how to test for specific food allergies and treatment recommendations. We also review the most recent guidelines on early introduction of peanut products to reduce your child’s risk of developing food allergies later in life.
This episode written by Drs. Lena van der List and Dean Blumberg.
We thank Dr. Victoria Dimitriades, a Pediatric Allergist/Immunologist at UC Davis Children's Hospital, for reviewing this episode, although Drs. Lena and Dean take full responsibility for any errors or misinformation.
- Food Allergy Research & Education Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
- Healthy Children Food Allergies in Children
- KidsHealth Food Allergies
- Prevent Peanut Allergies 5 Easy Ways To Introduce Peanut Foods To Your Infant
- LEAP Study Clinical trials investigating how to best prevent Peanut Allergy
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology What you need to know about the new guidelines for the diagnosis and management of food allergy in the U.S.
Photo from GPonline