Getting Comfortable With Telehealth
Some parents are suspicious of technology when it comes to telemedicine. In this episode we discuss the role that telemedicine has played during the COVID-19 pandemic, how to successfully use telehealth to augment your child’s medical care including indications for virtual vs. in-person visits, and share tips on optimizing your tele-experiences. We also address the safety of returning to in-office care.
This episode written by Drs. Sophia Giang, Lena van der List and Dean Blumberg.
- Healthy Children Telehealth Services Start With Your Pediatrician
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Delivery of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Services Through Telepsychiatry
- Thomas S. Nesbitt, The Role of Telehealth in an Evolving Health Care Environment: Workshop Summary The Evolution of Telehealth: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going?
- James P. Marcin, Pediatric Research Addressing health disparities in rural communities using telehealth
- CDC Decline in Child Vaccination Coverage During the COVID-19 Pandemic — Michigan Care Improvement Registry, May 2016–May 2020
- American Academy of Pediatrics Guidance on Providing Pediatric Well-Care During COVID-19
- Doximity 2020 State of Telemedicine Report
Photo from Verywell Health