Heart murmurs are extremely common in childhood, and the vast majority of these are innocent childhood murmurs. In this podcast we talk with Dr. Yoni Dayan, a pediatric cardiologist, about what causes a murmur, different types of innocent and pathologic murmurs and how to evaluate them.
This episode written by Drs. Yoni Dayan, Lena van der List and Dean Blumberg.
We thank Dr. Yoni Dayan, a Pediatric Cardiologist at UC Davis Children's Hospital, for joining us for this episode, although Drs. Lena and Dean take full responsibility for any errors or misinformation.
- Andrew N. Pelech Pediatric Clinics of North America Evaluation of the Pediatric Patient with a Cardiac Murmur
- American Heart Associate Heart Murmurs
- Healthy Children Heart Murmurs in Children
- KidsHealth for kids Heart Murmurs
- KidsHealth for parents Heart Murmurs
Photo from HealthXchange.sg