Car seats have been one of the biggest victories in child safety in our lifetime. However, many still find the laws and recommendations around car seats confusing. This podcast discusses why rear-facing is best, when to turn to front facing and ultimately transition to a booster seat. We also review tips installing and ensuring you have the safest driving situation for your family.
This episode written by Dr. Lena van der List and Dr. Dean Blumberg.
- Healthy Children How long should my child ride rear-facing?
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Car Seat Finder Find the right car seat
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) NHTSA’s Recall Notification Email System
- The Car Seat Lady How to Buckle a Child in a 5-Point Harness
- The Car Seat Lady When is a Child Ready to Use a Booster Seat
- American Academy of Pediatrics Policy Child Passenger Safety
Photo from Consumer Reports