Seizures are the most common brain disorder seen in children. In this podcast, we discuss epilepsy, febrile seizures and seizure mimics. We explore what causes seizures, how seizures are evaluated and treated, and what we can do to ensure the safety and optimal development of all kids with seizures.
This episode written by Drs. Lena van der List and Dean Blumberg.
- Epilepsy Foundation Epilepsy & My Child Toolkit
- Healthy Children Seizures and Epilepsy in Children
- Healthy Children Febrile Seizures
- American Academy of Pediatrics policy Febrile Seizures: Guideline for the Neurodiagnostic Evaluation of the Child With a Simple Febrile Seizure
- Emergency Medical Services for Children Emergency Care for Pediatric Seizures for the Prehospital Medical Provider toolkit
Photo from PathtoMom