Did you know that children who are more grateful are happier and healthier? And that they sleep better? So how can parents cultivate more gratitude in their children and families? It’s more than just please and thank you. In this episode, we discuss specific strategies that parents can use in order to have their children think more deeply about being grateful, including how to discuss gratitude with children, considering volunteer activities in the community, and practices such as meditation and yoga for children. Thank you for listening!
This episode written by Drs. Dean Blumberg and Lena van der List.
• Healthy Children How to Practice Gratitude & Improve Your Family’s Mental Health
• Amy Morin, LCSW Verywell How to Teach Children Gratitude: It's more than just saying thank you
• Healthy Children Creating Opportunities for Children & Teens to Contribute
• Healthy Children Just Breathe: The Importance of Meditation Breaks for Kids
• The Editorial Board 12/27/20 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Editorial: The science of gratitude
• Deborah Rozman Ph.D. HuffPost No Time to Meditate? Try This Quick and Effective Method
• Healthy Children Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
Photo from Columbia Mom