Julia Huerta, B.S.N., R.N., M.P.H.
Clinical Research Analyst
Julia Huerta worked at CHPR from 2010-2012 as a clinical research analyst. She assisted with various research projects at CHPR and the Clinical and Translational Science Center at UC Davis and was a member of the UC Davis team for the California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP), where she provided public health impacts analyses of health insurance legislation for the California State Legislature.
Julia rejoined CHPR in 2021 as clinical research analyst after completing nursing school and working as a pediatric nurse at UC Davis Children’s Hospital. She continues working as pediatric nurse and as a member of the UC Davis CHBRP team.
- M.P.H., University of California, Davis
- B.S.N., Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- B.S., Psychology and Child Development, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Tancredi, D. J., Slee, C. K., Jerant, A., Franks, P., Nettiksimmons, J., Cipri, C., Gottfeld, D., Huerta, J., Feldman, M. D., Jackson-Triche, M., Kelly-Reif, S., Hudnut, A., Olson, S., Shelton, J., & Kravitz, R. L. (2013). Targeted versus tailored multimedia patient engagement to enhance depression recognition and treatment in primary care: randomized controlled trial protocol for the AMEP2 study. BMC Health Services Research, 13(1), 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-13-141
- Sabri, B., Huerta, J., Alexander, K. A., St.Vil, N. M., Campbell, J. C., & Callwood, G. B. (2015). Multiple Intimate Partner Violence Experiences: Knowledge, Access, Utilization and Barriers to Utilization of Resources by Women of the African Diaspora. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 26(4), 1286–1303. https://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.2015.0135
- Sabri, B., Holliday, C. N., Alexander, K. A., Huerta, J., Cimino, A., Callwood, G. B., & Campbell, J. C. (2016). Cumulative Violence Exposures: Black Women’s Responses and Sources of Strength. Social Work in Public Health, 31(3), 127–139. https://doi.org/10.1080/19371918.2015.1087917
- Lieng, M. K., Siefkes, H. M., Rosenthal, J. L., Sauers-Ford, H. S., Mouzoon, J. L., Sigal, I. S., Dayal, P., Chen, S. T., McBeth, C. L., Dial, S., Dizon, G., Dannewitz, H. E., Kozycz, K., Jennings-Hill, T. L., Martinson, J. M., Huerta, J. K., Pons, E. A., Vance, N., Warnock, B. N., & Marcin, J. P. (2019). Telemedicine for Interfacility Nurse Handoffs*. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, 20(9), 832–840. https://doi.org/10.1097/pcc.0000000000002011