Guibo Xing, Ph.D.
Guibo Xing is a principal statistician at CHPR with over 19 years of postdoctoral experience in quantitative analysis using administrative health care data, including all-payer emergency and hospital discharge data from the California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development, Medicare claims data, cancer registry data and OptumLabs data. He has also led statistical analyses of survey data and clinical trial data in research projects.
- Health outcomes
- Health care quality
- Patient safety
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Albany
- B.S., Mathematics, Fudan University
- “Association of Dose Tapering With Overdose or Mental Health Crisis Among Patients Prescribed Long-term Opioids”, JAMA. 2021;326(5):411-419. (Alicia Agnoli, MD, MPH, MHS; Guibo Xing, PhD; Daniel J. Tancredi, PhD; Elizabeth Magnan, MD, PhD; Anthony Jerant, MD; Joshua J. Fenton, MD, MPH)
- “Trends and Rapidity of Dose Tapering Among Patients Prescribed Long-term Opioid Therapy, 2008-2017”, JAMA Network open Nov.2019 (Joshua J. Fenton, Alicia L. Agnoli, Guibo Xing, Lillian Hang, Aylin E. Altan, Daniel J. Tancredi, Anthony Jerant, Elizabeth Magnan)
- “Effect of a Patient-Centered Communication Intervention on Oncologist-Patient Communication, Quality of Life, and Health Care Utilization in Advanced Cancer: The VOICE Randomized Clinical Trial”, JAMA Oncology. Sept.9, 2016 (Ronald M Epstein, Paul R Duberstein, Joshua J Fenton, Kevin Fiscella, Michael Hoerger, Daniel J Tancredi, Guibo Xing, Robert Gramling, Supriya Mohile, Peter Franks, Paul Kaesberg, Sandy Plumb, Camille S Cipri, Richard L Street, Cleveland G Shields, Anthony L Back, Phyllis Butow, Adam Walczak, Martin Tattersall, Alison Venuti, Peter Sullivan, Mark Robinson, Beth Hoh, Linda Lewis, Richard L Kravitz)
- “Impact of Prognostic Discussions on the Patient-Physician Relationship: Prospective Cohort Study”, Journal of clinical oncology 2018 (Joshua J. Fenton, Paul R Duberstein, Richard L. Kravitz, Guibo Xing, Daniel J. Tancredi, Kevin Fiscella, Supriya Gupta Mohile, Ronald Epstein )