Margaret Fix, M.P.H
Clinical Research Analyst
Margaret Fix joined CHPR as a clinical research analyst in 2019. She has been involved in a multitude of health services research studies and evaluation projects. Recently, she has performed data analysis for projects that focus on teen contraceptives, binge drinking and breastfeeding.
Margaret also serves on the UC Davis and UCSF team for the California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP) and provides the medical effectiveness impact analyses of health insurance legislation for the California State Legislature. She has co-authored the medical effectiveness impact sections of more than 20 CHBRP reports on topics such as telehealth, autism, behavioral health care and abuse-deterrent opioids.
- Data analysis (SAS, Excel)
- Literature reviews
- Policy research and analysis
- Project management
- Qualitative research methods
- Preventative services
- Women's health
- Healthcare access and utilization
- M.P.H., University of California, Davis
- B.S., Human Development, University of California, Davis
- Kathleen P. Tebb, Christine Dehlendorf, Felicia Rodriguez, Margaret Fix, Daniel J. Tancredi, Reiley Reed, Claire D. Brindis, Eleanor Bimla Schwarz, Promoting teen-to-teen contraceptive communication with the SpeakOut intervention, a cluster randomized trial, Contraception, Volume 105, 2022, Pages 80-85.
- Glaser K, Fix M, Karlin J, Schwarz EB. Awareness of the option of IUC self-removal among US adolescents. Contraception. 2021 Nov;104(5):567-570. doi: 10.1016/j.contraception.2021.06.018. Epub 2021 Jun 30. PMID: 34216592.
- Shigekawa E, Fix M, Corbett G, Roby DH, Coffman J. The Current State of Telehealth Evidence: A Rapid Review. Health Aff (Millwood). 2018 Dec;37(12):1975-1982. doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.2018.05132. PMID: 30633674.
- California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP). (2022). Analysis of California Assembly Bill 2516 Health Care Coverage: Human Papillomavirus. Berkeley, CA.
- California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP). (2020). Analysis of California Senate Bill 854 Health Care Coverage: Substance Use Disorders. Berkeley, CA.