Tasleem Chechi, M.P.H.
Project Policy Analyst; CA Quits Program
Tasleem Chechi has over 10 years of experience in research, community health and epidemiology. She works with CHPR's CA Quits team as the quality data analyst.
Previously, Tasleem was the program manager for the UC Davis Emergency Department Public Health Screening Program, where she assisted an emergency medicine physician in launching a robust program that identified patients infected with HIV, hepatitis C and/or syphilis and assisted in linking them to care. Furthermore, she has worked at several local health departments as a senior health educator and a supervisor for the health education unit. In addition, she has FEMA Emergency Management Institute Public Information Officer training and was a public information office for Sutter County for one and a half years. She has extensive public speaking skills and has presented at various venues on community health issues, such as tobacco, alcohol, infectious diseases and emergency preparedness during natural disasters. She has published peer-reviewed articles on clinical trials and health disparities. She has also served on numerous committees and task forces focused on community health, emergency preparedness, and chronic and infectious disease surveillance for local health departments.
Tasleem's work has been recognized by UC Davis Health's Faculty and Professional Development program with the Deans' 2019-2020 Team Award for Excellence.
- Microsoft Excel
- Animated videos
- Education material development
- Clinical data
- Tobacco use
- Minority health
- Educational material development
- Animated video creation
- M.P.H., Touro University
- B.S., Human Development; Minor, Adult Development, Aging; University of California, Davis
- Ford, J. S., Shevchyk, I., Yoon, J., Chechi, T., Voong, S., Tran, N., & May, L. (2022). Risk Factors for Syphilis at a Large Urban Emergency Department. Sexually transmitted diseases, 49(2), 105-110.
- Hluhanich, R.; Ford, J. S; Bruce, D.; Chechi, T.; Voong, S.; Sarkar, S., et al. (2022). Comparing Hepatitis C Virus Screening in Clinics Versus the Emergency Department. Western Journal of Emergency Medicine: Integrating Emergency Care with Population Health, 23(3). http://dx.doi.org/10.5811/westjem.2021.11.53870 Retrieved from https://escholarship.org/uc/item/9r38c53x
- Ford, J. S., Chechi, T., Toosi, K., Mahmood, B., Meehleis, D., Otmar, M., ... & May, L. (2021). Universal Screening for Hepatitis C Virus in the ED Using a Best Practice Advisory. Western Journal of Emergency Medicine, 22(3), 719.
- Ford, J. S., Chechi, T., Otmar, M., Baker, M., Waldman, S., Morgan, B., ... & May, L. (2021). ED syphilis and gonorrhea/chlamydia cotesting practices before and after the implementation of an electronic health record-based alert. Emergency Medicine Journal.
- Chechi, T., Siyahian, S., Thairu, L., Hagerman, R., & Lozano, R. (2014). Participation of underrepresented minority children in clinical trials for Fragile X syndrome and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Intractable & Rare Diseases Research, 3(4), 147–152. doi:10.5582/irdr.2014.01025
- Leigh,M.J., Nguyen,D.V., Mu, Y., Winarni, T.I., Schneider, A., Chechi, T., Polussa, J., Doucet, P., Tassone, F.. Rivera, S.M., Hessl, D., & Hagerman, R.J.(2013). A Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Minocycline in Children and Adolescents with Fragile X Syndrome. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 34(3),147-155.
- Schneider A, Leigh MJ, Chechi T, et al. Electrocortical changes associated with minocycline treatment in fragile X syndrome. Journal of Psychopharmacology. 2013;27(10):956-963. doi:10.1177/0269881113494105
- Schneider, A., Leigh, M.J., Adams, P., Nanakul, R., Chechi, T., Olichney, J.,Hagerman, R., Hessl, D. The effect of minocycline on cortical parameters in fragile X syndrome. Journal of Psychopharmacology. Journal of Psychopharmacology, DOI: 10.1177/026988111349410
- 2020 European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) Conference, “Detection of high rates of HIV-seropositivity in urban university hospital emergency department”
- 2019 Hospital Quality Institute. “Combating the Rise in Syphilis: A Novel Screening Program Implemented in the Emergency Department”
- 2019 UC Davis Health Annual Quality Forum. “Integrating HIV and Hepatitis C Screening in the UC Davis Emergency Department”
- 2019 Infectious Disease National Conference “Implementation of an Emergency Department Syphilis Screening Program”
- 2019 Infectious Disease National Conference “Integrating HIV and Hepatitis C Screening in a high risk Emergency Department Population”
- 2013 Health Disparities & Genomics Conference: “Factors Associated with Participation in Clinical Trials at the UC Davis MIND Institute.”
- 2012 National Fragile X Conference: “Side Effects of Minocycline Observed during a Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial of Minocycline in Children with Fragile X Syndrome.”
Public Speaking Engagements
- Sacramento County Retail Campaign Data Presentation regarding Alcohol, Tobacco and Nutrition: Presented at various locations and events, including the Sacramento County Tobacco Control Coalition
- Folsom Cordova Unified School District Health Advisory Board, Alcohol and Other Drug Advisory Board). April- May 2014
- California Tobacco Control Program “Healthy Stores for a Healthy Community” Retail Campaign Press Release: Assisted in organizing a local press release where we invited several Local Lead Agencies (Yolo County, Sutter County, Yuba County, San Joaquin County, Sacramento County, Gold Country, etc). March 2014