Health Policy Analyst
Marykate Miller joined CHPR in 2019 to provide project management support for primary investigators and to conduct rapid evidence reviews and health policy analyses for the California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP). In addition, she assists with several systematic evidence reviews for the Agency on Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Recent project management research has included studying breastfeeding behaviors for first time moms, doctor-patient communications during the COVID-19 pandemic, and community and built environment factors that support healthy aging.
- Policy analysis
- Project management
- Systematic reviews
- Qualitative research
- Health policy analysis
- Social determinants of health
- Substance use disorders
- Health services research
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- M.S., Health Policy and Law, UC San Francisco
- B.S., Psychology, UC Davis
- California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP). (2022). Analysis of California Assembly Bill 2516 Health Care Coverage: Human Papillomavirus. Berkeley, CA.
- Melnikow, J., Padovani, A. & Miller, M. Frontline physician burnout during the COVID-19 pandemic: national survey findings. BMC Health Serv Res 22, 365 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-022-07728-6
- California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP). (2021). Analysis of California Senate Bill 428 Adverse Childhood Experiences Screenings. Berkeley, CA.
- Melnikow J, Ritley D, Miller ME, Loureiro S, Kohatsu N, Backman D, Lindeman D, Li L, Osorio I, Owens C. Planning Healthy Aging Communities. UC Davis Center for Healthcare Policy and Research. June 2021.