Digital Health Resource Center
The Digital Health Resource Center (DHRC) at UC Davis Health leverages resources across the UC Davis School of Medicine, Public Health Sciences, Health Informatics, School of Nursing, Engineering and Computer Science, and the CITRIS network to develop, implement, test and validate digital innovations that improve health care and population health — with a particular emphasis on remote monitoring and patient and stakeholder engagement. We provide both a physical and digital environment for health and technology companies, entrepreneurs, and community organizations to receive input, guidance and mentorship from experts in health care delivery and population health.
Our Digital Health Offerings
When you collaborate with us, you gain access to technical and intellectual resources, including:
- Periodic seminars on digital health topics by industry and academic leaders.
- Internship and observership programs for people seeking experience working in health IT and/or clinical environments.
- Access to various resources that support rapid development and prototyping.
- Individualized guidance to help you set realistic goals and milestones.
- Help navigating internal UC Davis Health processes and policies, as well as support from experts and mentors.
- A physical demonstration space where digital tools can be displayed so that faculty, developers and patients can engage with the latest technology available.
Testing and Validation Resources
- A digital ecosystem that offers easy access to the resources necessary to test and validate new health care concepts on various digital platforms, including telehealth and electronic medical records (EMRs). This lowers the cost of the development phase and expedites the overall process.
Tools You Can Use
We offer a variety of unique tools to use, including:
We provide an IT environment that is specifically designed for development and testing. It's separated from the clinical environment, allowing for more rapid development and testing without as much security review and evaluation. The sandbox protects the production environment, and utilizes the security review and evaluation process only when necessary.
Free or Low-Cost Services
Gain access to free or low-cost services from corporate partners, such as:
- Test accounts (VSee, ClairVista, EMRs, etc.)
- Development tools (Google TensorFlow, Apple HealthKit, etc.)
- Storage systems (UC Health data center, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
We can get you access to de-identified health data sources. Various sets of data exist within (e.g., UC Rex) and outside of UC Davis Health (e.g., CDC National Health Interview Survey) that can be used for training, demonstration and evaluation of new tools.
Maker-Spaces at Two Campuses
We offer simplified access to maker-spaces at the UC Davis and UC Berkeley campuses.