Video visits: Connect online with your care team from home
Use your smartphone or tablet to get information on:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Pre- and post-procedure care
- Mental health follow-ups and psychology related services
- Diabetes management, pharmacy consultations and reconciliations
- Oncology follow-ups
Note: Telehealth video visits are not available for use on desktops or laptops.
Preparing for your video visit from home
To make a video visit appointment:
- Make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
- Request a video visit with your UC Davis provider. You can call their office, or message them from the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® if you already use them.
- If you don’t already have a MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® account, request access when you contact your provider’s office. They will provide an activation code.
- Download the app using the instructions below.
Don't have the MyUCDavisHealth app?
Video visits are completed using either the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® mobile apps. To begin using the MyUCDavisHealth app, search and download from the App Store or Google Play Store. Once downloaded, open the app and accept the end-user license agreement. Then create a user account or sign in with your MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® username and password.
How to begin your video visit
Before your visit, you can use eCheck-in for tasks like paying your co-pay, signing documents, and completing questionnaires. Follow the steps below to complete your video visit.
Step 1: Five to 10 minutes before your appointment, log in to the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® if you haven't already. Press the Appointments icon.
Step 2: Press scheduled Video Visit appointment slot.
Step 3: Press Begin Visit to connect your video call. It may take up to 20 seconds for the camera screen to activate. Rotate your screen horizontally for the landscape view. Your provider will join the video call.
If this is your first video visit, click “allow access to the microphone and camera” from the pop-up message.
Helpful tips and tricks for video visit appointments
- Make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi connection. A 4G or LTE connection works, however you may experience interruptions due to a weak signal.
- Find a place where you can talk freely and avoid distractions during your video visit.
- Eliminate all background noises and mute TVs and music.
- Choose a well-lit area so your doctor can see you. Avoid shaded areas, and don't sit in front of windows or behind shiny backgrounds as they can reflect light.
- Use your camera to show your care team medications, rashes or wounds.
- Be prepared with a list of questions to ask your care team.
Patient co-pays/fees may vary depending on insurance coverage. Please work with the care team and your benefits provider to determine eligibility.
For questions or access support, call 916-703-HELP (916-703-4357).