How UC Davis Health is helping solve and researching COVID-19
Updated Sept. 23, 2020
As our community and the nation tries to adjust to life during the COVID-19 pandemic, UC Davis Health continues to provide exceptional care to help patients heal and get them back home to their families.
Our experts have set COVID-19 standards at the state and national levels. This includes developing COVID-19 safety standards for surgeons and authoring COVID-19 guidelines for caring for pregnant mothers and newborns.
We set up and validated our own testing capabilities and are using it to help others in the region. Since March, we have conducted more than 10,000 tests. Our lab team members were named to the Governor’s Task Force for COVID-19 testing.
- Investigating potential benefits of using convalescent plasma with COVID-19 patients
- Testing an antibody cocktail as a possible treatment for COVID-19
- Learn about our other COVID-19 clinical trials
Researching and informing the nation on COVID-19
- Helped inform the nation that in routine patient care, COVID-19 transmission is via droplets or contact
- Researching a new form of COVID-19 in children that look like Kawasaki disease
- See what blood tests of a COVID-19 patient can tell us
If you or a loved one need care, your health care team is here and ready. Telehealth video visits are an easy way to connect with your physician from the comfort of your home. For those who need to come to the hospital or our neighborhood clinics, we're taking steps to keep you and your family safe.
As we all look for a new normal amid novel coronavirus, our experts have recommendations to keep you and your family safe as guidelines in California and across the national continue to change.
Prepared to help Northern California
We are enrolling participants a global study of an investigational vaccine against COVID-19 and have opened free COVID-19 testing sites across Sacramento County and in several underserved communities. Additionally, our hospital and neighborhood clinics remain open and available for any patients who need care.