Blended Virtual Introduction to Precepting
November 16 & 17
8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Course # DAHS-NGNBVITP21-ANCC
Italicized class dates are full.
The 2-day blended (independent and virtual live sessions) course is for preceptors interested in taking their role to the next level. The course is intended for new and experienced transition to practice (TTP) preceptors interested in developing their knowledge, skills, and practice in precepting. The course will provide you with key concepts for establishing working relationships with preceptees, provide tools to get started as a successful preceptor, outline the qualifications of a competent preceptor, and more. Participants must complete all class activities and attend the virtual sessions of the two-day course to receive continuing education (C.E.) credit.
Virtual session requirements and preparation
The virtual format of the class is a blend of synchronous and asynchronous class sessions. The synchronous sessions will take place via the video conferencing option of Microsoft Teams in a live format that allows for discussions, breakout rooms, chats, and polls. The asynchronous sessions take place via independent time to review the required materials and complete the required assignments in Microsoft Teams.
Accommodations for learners who need a quiet space and laptop/camera will be provided. Contact course coordinators at least one week prior to class if accommodations are needed.
To prepare for this class do the following prior to class
- Download Microsoft Teams (from home computer).
- Download Microsoft Teams (from work computer).
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Edge for best browser result.
- Ensure access to audio and speaker on desktop/laptop or Smart device (may use call-in option for audio/speaker).
- Follow the virtual participation guidelines, including being on camera, engaging in activities, and attesting to participation.
- Employees seeking the flexibility to do trainings at home may choose to download MS Teams on their personal computers. UC Davis Health IT will not assist with personal computers and employees should use online resources to assist as needed. If employees choose not to work on their personal computers, they are welcome to use UC Davis Health computers in the workplace.
Accessing the class team
- Register for a class date above.
- Access the MS Teams class link from the registration confirmation e-mail or through the UC Learning Center class details.
- Log into MS Teams application at least 15 minutes before class.
Be courteous and on time. Students are expected to attend and participate in the entire course. Due to the specific requirements for this virtual course, participants will not be allowed to attend the session if they are more than 5 minutes late. Late participants are considered a no show and any deposit will be forfeited.
C.E. contact hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 26, for 11.5 contact hours.
The UC Davis Health Center for Professional Practice of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Attendees must attend both days to receive C.E. credit. Attendees will not receive C.E. credit if they are more than 5 minutes late; no partial credit can be awarded.
Please select a class date above and complete the registration form. If using a credit card, submit the registration form and phone in your credit card number to (916) 734-9790. If paying by check, please print the registration form, attach your check made payable to UC Regents dated for the date of the class, and mail to:
Center for Professional Practice of Nursing
4900 Broadway, Suite 1630
Sacramento, CA 95820
Registrations are confirmed only if deposit or fee is provided with registration form.
Registration closes 7 days before the class date.
UC Davis employees
$25 registration deposit. Registration deposit is returned upon completion of class. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive deposit refund.
This class is for UC Davis Health employees only.
Persons with disabilities
Individuals needing special accommodations may call the Center for Professional Practice of Nursing at (916) 734-9790.