Unit-Based Practice Council: Tools to Success
8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Course # DAHS-NGNUBPCTTS21-ANCC
This class will be held virtually. Italicized class dates are full.
This course is an introduction to professional governance and roles/responsibilities of unit-based council members. This course will introduce the learner to chairs/co-chairs of multiple system wide councils. The goal of this course is to enculturate new council members into governance council structures and prepare new council members to step into a leadership role within a council.
Virtual session requirements
This course will be offered in a virtual environment through Microsoft Teams. Class coordinator will provide you access to the course Team and meeting link one week prior to the class. For questions or accommodations please contact course coordinator via e-mail.
To prepare for this class do the following prior to class
- Download Microsoft Teams (from home computer).
- Download Microsoft Teams (from work computer).
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Edge for best browser result.
- Ensure access to audio and speaker on desktop/laptop or Smart device (may use call-in option for audio/speaker).
- Follow the virtual participation guidelines, including being on camera, engaging in activities, and attesting to participation.
- Employees seeking the flexibility to do trainings at home may choose to download MS Teams on their personal computers. UC Davis Health IT will not assist with personal computers and employees should use online resources to assist as needed. If employees choose not to work on their personal computers, they are welcome to use UC Davis Health computers in the workplace.
C.E. contact hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 26, for 4.75 contact hours.
The UC Davis Health Center for Professional Practice of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Attendees will not receive C.E. credit if they are more than 20 minutes late; no partial credit can be awarded.
Please select a class date above and complete the registration form. If using a credit card, submit the registration form and phone in your credit card number to (916) 734-9790. If paying by check, please print the registration form, attach your check made payable to UC Regents dated for the date of the class, and mail to:
Center for Professional Practice of Nursing
4900 Broadway, Suite 1630
Sacramento, CA 95820
Registrations are confirmed only if deposit is provided with registration form.
Registration will close 7 days prior to the course date and all pending registrations requests will be cancelled.
UC Davis employees
$25 registration deposit. Registration deposit is returned upon completion of class. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive deposit refund.
This class is for UC Davis Health employees only.
Persons with disabilities
Individuals needing special accommodations may call the Center for Professional Practice of Nursing at (916) 734-9790.
Monica Aguilar, M.S.N., R.N., N.P.D.-B.C.
Professional Development Specialist