AACN/Vizient New Graduate Nurse Residency Program Overview
The New Graduate Nurse Residency Program Overview is a self-directed e-learning module designed for UC Davis Health nurses who are interested in learning about the structure, roles and elements, communication avenues, nurse resident requirements, curriculum and resources of the Vizient/AACN New Graduate Nurse Residency Program.
Upon completion of e-learning module, learners will be able to:
- Describe the goals of the Vizient/AACN New Graduate Nurse Residency Program (NG-NRP)
- List 2 NG-NRP facilitator responsibilities
- List 2 NG-NRP preceptor responsibilities
- List 2 NG-NRP nurse resident responsibilities
- List 2 NG-NRP manager responsibilities
- Recall the process of the online access of at least one section of UC Davis’ Nurse Residency Program intranet website
- List at least one resource for staff regarding the NG-NRP
C.E. contact hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 26, for 1.5 contact hours.
The UC Davis Health Center for Professional Practice of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
To earn 1.5 CE contact hours, learners must complete the following:
- Complete the pre-assessment
- Review the online module and its learning activities
- Complete all quizzes on the e-learning module with at least 80% accuracy
- Complete the post-assessment