Screening and masking processes
Beginning Monday April 27, 2020 all educators and staff who are teaching or attending training or education classes will implement the following screening and masking processes.
For offsite education/classes not held in the hospital:
- All staff will complete the Qualtrics wellness symptom screening form on the day prior to attending class.
- Class participants will show proof of “Approved” status (mobile or print form) to the course facilitator prior to entry.
- Class participants who receive “Not Approved” status, may not attend the class. Please notify your supervisor and reschedule the class or training.
- If you failed the symptom screening and selected YES for testing, someone from the testing center will call and schedule you within 24 hours.
- Masks: Class participants will be required to bring to in-person classes their own social “comfort” (personal masks), which must be worn in accordance with California Department of Public Health guidance (updated per CDPH guidance - 11/16/2020).
- Face shields: Face shields must be worn when 6 feet of space cannot be maintained, such as with skills instruction or validation. Face shields are optional when 6 feet of space can be maintained. Class participants will be offered a personal face shield for specific use in classes. These face shields should be brought to each in-person class and not used in a clinical setting. If the face shield becomes lost, damaged, or used for clinical care, another face shield will be offered at the next class (updated per UC Davis Health guidance - 12/16/2020).
- Social “comfort” masks (personal cloth masks) are worn for the duration of in-person classes. Cloth masks are home laundered and worn again the following day if the class is more than a single day. Face shields are worn for the duration of in-person classes when 6 feet of space cannot be maintained. Personal face shields should also be cleaned after each use.
- If a class participant forgets to bring their own personal mask and/or face shield, then a new mask and/or face shield will be provided. However, supplies are limited.
Active temperature monitoring is not done on site as the employee completing the symptom screening form are attesting that they do not have any fever prior to arriving to class.