How to Request a CTSC Voucher
The UC Davis Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) is pleased to offer vouchers for CTSC clinical research services. These vouchers are designed to support early-stage projects that need preliminary data for subsequent applications for federal or foundation grants and to supplement federally funded studies.
To apply for the voucher, please fill out a CTSC Voucher Request.
Vouchers can be used to supplement NIH-funded studies for eligible services:
- Supplement the NIH-approved funds for clinical services required for the project.
- Expand on the project to collect new data that will be used for renewal or new grants.
- CTSC Career Development Awards, MCRTP scholars, and NIH K awardees are invited to apply.
- Graduate students, Ph.D. students, postdoctoral trainees, and residents conducting clinical research may apply.
- Limited to in-kind services provided by the CCRC or CTO (no materials or supplies will be provided under a voucher).
- No single voucher may exceed $5,000 in services; actual staff salary plus benefits will be used to determine the cost.
- Investigators are limited to ONE per budget year with a lifetime maximum of TWO.
- No project can receive more than one Voucher, regardless of its length.
- Must be redeemed between June 1 – May 31. All Vouchers expire on May 31st of the budget year awarded. There will be no extensions.
- Projects requiring IRB/IACUC approval must submit the approval letter with the request.
- Award of CTSC Vouchers is contingent upon the availability of the services requested.
- Once the CTSC Voucher budget is expended, no further awards will be approved in that budget year.
Voucher Priority Guidelines
- CTSC KL2 Scholars
- Early career biomedical researchers (e.g., other NIH K awardees or MCRTP scholars)
- Grad students, PhD students, post-doc trainees, and residents
Submit an application by completing a CTSC Voucher Request.
Questions about CTSC Vouchers should be directed to the CTSC Finance Team.