Contractors - Frequently Asked Questions
How can my company compete for construction contracts at UC Davis Health?
- Contractors interested in construction projects at our campus are encouraged to review our advertisements of projects out to bid.
- Contractors who are new to UC Davis Health and would like to be considered for construction projects (<$600,000) can complete and submit the Contractor Base Qualification Questionnaire. We encourage small and diverse businesses to seek opportunities at our campus. The University of California is providing a series of webinars to help small firms learn how to qualify, bid, and work successfully at UC campuses.
- All contractors must possess a current, active and in good standing California contractor's license at time of submitting the proposal or bid as well as registered with the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR).
What is HCAI?
- HCAI (formerly known as OSHPD) stands for California Department of Health Care Access and Information.
- HCAI reviews and inspects healthcare facility construction projects in California. Many projects at the UC Davis Health campus are under HCAI jurisdiction.