Annual Grant Writing Symposium
Each spring the UC Davis Health Office of Research Grants Facilitation Team brings their multiple years of experience as researchers, authors, editors, manuscript reviewers, grantees, grant reviewers, NIH scientific review officer, NIH program officer, and patent holders to offer a one-day symposium on research grant writing.
This symposium (designed for faculty, researchers and post-docs) will focus on the basics of getting started in grant writing and maintaining success. The continual challenges to personal bandwidth, changes in funding, and grant funding policy affect both new investigators starting out and the experienced investigators who serve as mentors.
- Finding information and help when you need it
- What needs to be managed throughout the process: pre-submission, submission, post-submission
- Keeping up with the new policies on human subjects and clinical trials
- Knowing the grant mechanisms for each level of development and circumstance
- Gaining a competitive edge when writing the proposal
- Understanding what just happened: summary statements, funding lines, and the response to reviews
- Building your personalized approach to grant writing and funding to include how to use the information in this symposium, self-review, working with a team, working with a mentor
Presented by: UC Davis Health Grants Facilitation Team
Co-sponsored by: UC Davis Health Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC)
Audience: Open to all faculty and postdoctoral scholars
Our 2020 symposium was held on May 7, 2020. The date of the 2021 symposium has not been set yet.