UC Davis Family Medicine Residency Program
The UC Davis Department of Family and Community Medicine's Residency Program was
established in 1972. We have trained over 450 residents during that time with diverse
interests and goals.
Program Mission and Aims
The mission of the UC Davis Family Medicine residency program is to educate family medicine physicians who will enhance the health of the population and mitigate health disparities through person- and family-centered care, education and discovery.
Graduates of the program will:
- Be prepared to practice family medicine in any environment including academic, urban and rural community-based and managed care settings.
- Possess the necessary knowledge, skils and behaviors to provide clinical care to patients of any age and from any background.
- Be proficient in the pursuit of lifelong learning behaviors to ensure a sustainable and sucessful career.
- Develop time and practice management strategies and resiliency in order to maximize personal well-being.
- Develop communication skills and professionalism attributes necessary to navigate leadership roles successfully.
- Treat all patients and colleagues with respect, dignity and compasion.