UC Davis Community
As California's capital city, Sacramento is on the move, serving up a diverse menu of outdoor activities, cultural events and nightlife. The city is racially and ethnically diverse, considered by Time magazine and the Civil Rights Project as the most racially integrated major city in America. In addition to the obvious benefits of a rapidly expanding and diverse patient population, Sacramento is a very livable city. The standard of living is higher and the cost of living is lower when compared to California's other heavily populated regions — the Los Angeles area and the San Francisco Bay area.
Recreational opportunities. Sacramento's climate is ideal for persons seeking an active lifestyle. Horseback riding, golf and tennis are year-round activities. If you like the water, two major rivers (and numerous other waterways) are available for swimming, fishing, boating and rafting. Or set out on foot if you prefer hiking, camping, or rock climbing. The 30-mile American River Bike Trail is a riverfront paved path popular with cyclists, runners and leisurely-paced walkers.
Sports on tap. Sports fans in Sacramento can cheer on their favorite local team, whether it's at the arena, diamond or field. Enjoy NBA basketball at Sacramento Kings games, home-run excitement with the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats and fast feet on the field with men's professional soccer team Sacramento Republic FC.
Cultural connections. With professional ballet, opera and theatre companies, along with extensive dining options, art galleries and museums, Sacramento offers plenty of entertainment. In the evenings, find everything from DJs spinning hip-hop to bands playing original tunes. Join the nightclub crowd in downtown Sacramento, or keep the beat with salsa dancers stirring it up in the clubs. Explore local wineries and savor new cuisines. If you like a street fair atmosphere, try the monthly Second Saturday arts event. The Crocker Art Museum, with its impressive collection and extensive space for touring exhibits, is the region's visual arts hub. The Mondavi Arts Center at UC Davis provides two performance venues for local, national and international performances.
- Outdoor living. Most of the year, Sacramento's sunny days and and mild evenings provide plenty of reasons to step outside and enjoy the weather. Sacramento is a Tree City, USA, in recognition of the beauty and density of the tree canopy. The City of Sacramento has an extensive park system, providing more than a thousand acres of green space and natural habitat. In Old Sacramento, experience Sacramento's waterfront pioneer days while you dine on the Delta King riverboat, or ride on a California State Railroad Museum steam-powered train excursion. Further afield, Sacramento is surrounded by some of the region's most beautiful and popular scenic vistas.
- 50% Medicare/Medicaid population/ 50% private payers.
- Diverse racial & ethnic mix - 40% Caucasian, 30% Hispanic, 20% African American, 8% Asian
- Excellent interpreting services
Family Medicine Clinic:
- 25 exam rooms
- Procedure room
- 2 Behavioral medicine rooms
- Epic EMR
- Video observation capability.
- 1st year - 1-2 1/2 days of clinic each week with 3-6 patients scheduled
- 2nd year - 2-4 1/2 days of clinic each week with 6-8 patients scheduled
- 3rd year - 4-6 1/2 days of clinic each week with 8 patients scheduled
- Specialty clinics for behavioral medicine, high risk OB, procedures, women's health procedures, dermatologic procedures
Collaborative Care Team:
- Social Worker
- Health Management and Education patient education classes (link to CDMC)
The UC Davis Medical Center serves a 65,000-square-mile area that includes 33 counties and 6 million residents across Northern and Central California. The 625-bed acute-care teaching hospital maintains an annual budget of roughly $1 billion.
With more than 6,500 employees, UC Davis provides vital care to more than 200,000 patients every year, admitting 32,600 patients for extended care and handling more than 860,000 visits. The medical center's emergency room sees an average of 165 patients every day.