Program Mission and Aims
Our mission is to educate family medicine physicians who will enhance the health of the population and mitigate health disparities through person- and family-centered care, education and discovery.
Graduates of our program will:
- Be prepared to practice family medicine in any environment including academic, urban and rural community-based and managed care settings.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and behaviors to provide clinical care to patients of all ages and backgrounds.
- Treat all patients and colleagues with respect, dignity and compassion.
- Be proficient in the pursuit of lifelong learning behaviors to ensure a sustainable and successful career.
- Develop time and practice management strategies and resiliency to maximize personal well-being.
- Develop communication skills and professionalism attributes necessary to navigate leadership roles successfully.