Pediatric gastroenterology services are now offered at the UC Davis Health Carmichael/Citrus Heights Clinic.
UC Davis pediatric gastroenterologists Arthur de Lorimier and Kelly Haas will provide service at this clinic on the first and third Thursday of each month from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The team is currently accepting patient referrals from other hospitals.
“Families can receive care closer to home, now that we have expanded our world-class pediatric GI care to the Carmichael and Citrus Heights Clinic,” said de Lorimier.
The team currently treats the following conditions:
- Allergic enteropathy
- Biliary tract disease
- Constipation encopresis
- Crohn's disease
- Diarrheal disorders
- Eosinophilic esophagitis and GI allergy
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Inherited metabolic and immunological defects involving the intestine
- Intestinal failure
- Malabsorptive conditions - food cannot pass properly from the small intestine to the rest of the body (celiac disease)
- Pediatric gastroesophageal reflux
- Pediatric liver disease
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Recurrent abdominal pain
- Short bowel syndrome
The clinic is located at 7551 Madison Ave., Citrus Heights. To schedule an appointment, call 800-UCD-4-KIDS or 916-734-7439. Find out more about the clinic.