Patients, visitors and employees should allow for extra travel time to and from UC Davis Medical Center and other buildings on the Sacramento campus for several days, starting this Friday. State Route 99 will be closed for construction from 8 p.m., Friday, June 11 until 4 a.m., Wednesday, June 16.
To replace an aging bridge deck, the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will close northbound and southbound Route 99 from 47th Avenue to the U.S. Highway 50 connector during that time period (see map PDF).
Rerouted traffic along Stockton Boulevard is expected to increase congestion around the UC Davis Medical Center campus, so please plan ahead accordingly. UC Davis Health employees coming from South Sacramento and Elk Grove should allow extra time to get to work.
Patients with appointments during this time frame who live south of the Medical Center, Lawrence J. Ellison Ambulatory Care Center, and Midtown Clinic will receive notifications of the highway closure later this week, via text message and MyUCDavisHealth.
The mainline westbound Business 80/Capital City Freeway to southbound Route 99 is also slated to be closed, as will the westbound and eastbound U.S. 50 connector ramps to southbound Route 99. Also, the following ramps are scheduled to be closed:
- The on-ramp from 16th Street to eastbound U.S. 50
- The on-ramp from 29th Street/H Street to westbound Business 80/Capital City Freeway
- The on-ramp from 29th Street/N Street to westbound Business 80/Capital City Freeway
- The on-ramp from 29th Street/T Street to southbound Route 99
- The on-ramp from Broadway to southbound Route 99
- The off-ramp from southbound Route 99 to 12th Street
- The off-ramp from northbound Route 99 to 12th Street
- The on-ramp from 14th Avenue/30th Street to southbound Route 99
- The on-ramp (slip) from Fruitridge Road to northbound Route 99
- The on-ramp (loop) from Fruitridge Road to northbound Route 99
- The on-ramp (slip) from East 47th Avenue to northbound Route 99
- The on-ramp (loop) from West 47th Avenue to northbound Route 99
Caltrans is encouraging motorists to take public transit; SacRT is providing free light rail service from June 12-15.
For more information, including alternate routes, visit FixSac99.com.