Application Requirements | Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
Candidate Requirements and Application Process
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at UC Davis is ACGME approved for 9 fellowship positions, and generally takes 3 first year fellows each academic year.
- Applicants should have completed three years of training in Internal Medicine in the United States or Canada by the time they enter the fellowship training program. Applicants choosing the ABIM Research Pathway will also be considered.
- Applicants must be board certified or eligible in Internal Medicine, and must possess a California Physician's license before the starting date of the fellowship program.
- Applicants should apply to the UC Davis Gastroenterology Fellowship Program through The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All positions will be selected using the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- The program does not currently sponsor J-1 or H-1B visa applicants.
Required documents for a complete application:
- ERAS application (all application materials must be received through ERAS)
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 or more letters of recommendation
- MSPE (Dean's letter)
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE transcripts
- ECFMG (if applicable)
- Personal statement
For questions, please contact:
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
4150 V Street, Suite 3500
Sacramento, CA 95817