Gastroenterology and Hepatology Clinical Trials Unit | UC Davis Health
The clinical trials unit within the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology has been a national leader in liver disease clinical trials over the past decade. We offer patients access to all phases of clinical trials in addition to a wide range of observational studies and patient registries.
Of note, our division has:
- Participated in nearly all clinical trials leading to the revolutionary new all-oral hepatitis C therapies
- Completed the first clinical trial in PBC with a biologic medication (rituximab)
- Been a leading enrollment site for the POISE study which led to FDA-approval of obeticholic acid for PBC.
Our research staff coordinates with patients and referring physician offices to ensure continuity of care and communication while patients are enrolled in clinical trials. Costs associated with participation are covered by the clinical trials and in many cases time and travel are reimbursable.
What clinical trials are available at UC Davis?
Clinicaltrials.gov maintains a registry of all active clinical trials in the United States. UC Davis currently offers clinical trials for the following liver diseases: (click the links below to learn more)
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH)
To find a clinical study actively recruiting at UC Davis for other diseases, click here and enter a disease in the Condition/Disease search field (UC Davis has already been entered in the location field).
Contact the Clinical Trials Unit
If you have questions about clinical trials or would like to receive more information about what trials we currently offer, please contact:
The Gastroenterology Clinical Trials Unit is conveniently located just a few blocks from the UC Davis Medical Center in the Ticon I building. The facility is close to US-50 and I-80 and provides free on-site parking accessed from Gerber Avenue. Please ring the doorbell to enter the building.