Medi-Cal Quality Improvement Program
The Medi-Cal Quality Improvement Program (MCQuIP) was established on October 1, 2011 through a 5-year, $4.25 million Interagency Agreement (IA) between the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and UC Davis Health's (UCDH) Institute for Population Health Improvement (IPHI).
Under this agreement, IPHI, in close collaboration with DHCS, was charged with:
- Established a quality improvement (QI) program for the $90 billion per year California Medical Assistance Program (Medi-Cal)
- Developed a systems-level quality management strategy and providing on-going evaluation for the $3.3 billion, 5-year Delivery System Reform Incentive Payments (DSRIP) Program that is part of the state’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver
- Conducted a broad review of QI strategies and methods used by Medicaid and other relevant publicly funded health care programs
- Supported the development and management of lifestyle programs and member communication approaches to optimize population health
- Provided executive-level strategic advice, thought leadership, and organizational change management support within DHCS