May is Conference CyberSafety Month
Be CyberSafe at Conferences
While you are attending conferences away from the UC Davis Health network, make sure to practice good cybersafety and protect data that belongs to you and our organization.
Get Cyber Smart!
- Securely delete files from old hard drives and devices and then destroy them as soon as possible.
- Purge your digital spaces of clutter that can make you easy prey to identity theft and cybercrime.
- Learn how to spot phishing messages like a pro and resist online scam attempts.
- “Spear phishing” and “whaling” are specific kinds of phishing attacks that target potentially high-value cyber crime victims.
- Protect yourself from social engineering tactics by following these tips to own your online presence.
- Take action to protect your online information and think about the privacy implications of your online activities.
- Don't become a victim of identity theft. Learn how to protect yourself from tax fraud.
- Shop cyber smart with these nine tips for online shopping.
- Secure your credit cards while shopping online.
- Refresh your knowledge of the 8 smart habits to keep you safe online.
- What should you do if you receive an email threat?