Here are some cybersecurity tips to help you to ensure that your personal and professional data is protected.
Get Cyber Smart!
- While you are attending conferences away from the UC Davis Health network, make sure to practice good cybersafety and protect data that belongs to you and our organization.
- Securely delete files from old hard drives and devices and then destroy them as soon as possible.
- Purge your digital spaces of clutter that can make you easy prey to identity theft and cybercrime.
- Learn how to spot phishing messages like a pro and resist online scam attempts.
- “Spear phishing” and “whaling” are specific kinds of phishing attacks that target potentially high-value cyber crime victims.
- Protect yourself from social engineering tactics by following these tips to own your online presence.
- Take action to protect your online information and think about the privacy implications of your online activities.
- Don't become a victim of identity theft. Learn how to protect yourself from tax fraud.
- Shop cyber smart with these nine tips for online shopping.
- Secure your credit cards while shopping online.
- Refresh your knowledge of the 8 smart habits to keep you safe online.
- What should you do if you receive an email threat?
- Learn how to protect your children online and teach them about potential risks that can arise when they share information.