Chat with your care team – anytime, anywhere
Connect with your care team from home using MyUCDavisHealth video visits
A health care appointment shouldn’t add unnecessary stress to your busy day. That’s why the MyUCDavisHealth app brings the care team to you with convenient video visits.
Use your smartphone or tablet to access:
- Pre- and post-procedure care
- Mental health follow ups and behavioral related services
- Diabetes management, pharmacy consultations and reconciliations
- Oncology follow-ups
What you should do to prepare for your visit
Before making an appointment
- Confirm that your UC Davis Health provider offers video visits
- Request access to MyUCDavisHealth from your provider’s office
- Make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi or cellular connection
What to expect before your appointment
Video visits are completed using either the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® mobile apps. To begin using the MyUCDavisHealth app, search and download from the App Store or Google Play Store. Once downloaded, open the app and accept the end-user license agreement. Then create a user account or sign in with your Epic MyChart username and password.
If you already have the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart app on your phone, test your smartphone or tablet by following the steps below.
Test your video visit function using your smartphone or tablet
Step 1: At least 30 minutes before your scheduled video visit, log in to the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart mobile app and press the Appointments icon.
Step 2: Press the scheduled Video Visit appointment slot.
Step 3: Press the Test Video button located at the bottom of the screen.
If this is your first video visit, click “allow access to the microphone and camera” from the pop-up message.
Helpful tips and tricks for video visit appointments
- Make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi connection. A 4G or LTE connection works, however you may experience interruptions due to a weak signal
- Find a setting where you can talk freely and avoid distractions during your visit
- Be sure to eliminate all background noises and mute TVs and music
- Choose a well-lit area, so your doctor can see you. Avoid shaded areas, sitting in front of windows or behind shiny backgrounds, they can reflect light
- Use your camera to show your care team medications, rashes or wounds
- Be prepared with a list of questions to ask your care team
Beginning your video visit
Now that you've tested the video portion on the MyUCDavisHealth app, it's time to begin your visit.
- Five to 10 minutes before your appointment, log in to MyUCDavisHealth
- Press the Appointments icon, then press scheduled Video Visit
- Press Begin Visit to connect your video call. It may take up to 20 seconds for the camera screen to activate. Rotate your screen horizontally for the landscape view.
For questions or access support, call 916-703-HELP (916-703-4357).