Chat with your care team – anytime, anywhere
Connect with your care team from home using MyUCDavisHealth video visits
The MyUCDavisHealth app brings the care team to you with convenient video visits.
You can use your smartphone or tablet for:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Pre- and post-procedure care
- Mental health follow-ups and psychology related services
- Diabetes management, pharmacy consultations and reconciliations
- Oncology follow-ups
What you should do to prepare for your visit
To make a video visit appointment
- First, confirm that your UC Davis Health provider offers video visits and has upcoming availability. You can either call their office, or message them from the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® apps if you already use them.
- If you don’t already have MyUCDavisHealth, also request access to it from your provider’s office, and they will provide you an activation code. Then download the app using the instructions below on this page. Use the activation code to log in and create your own user ID and password.
- If your provider participates in video visits, and is available for one, they will schedule a video visit in the Appointments tab of your MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® account. An appointment reminder is sent.
- Before your video visit, make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
Don't have the MyUCDavisHealth app?
Video visits are completed using either the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® mobile apps. To begin using the MyUCDavisHealth app, search and download from the App Store or Google Play Store. Once downloaded, open the app and accept the end-user license agreement. Then create a user account or sign in with your Epic MyChart® username and password.
How to begin your video visit
Once you have the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® app, and your video visit appointment appears in the Appointments tab, follow the steps below to complete your video visit.
Step 1: Five to 10 minutes before your appointment, log in to the MyUCDavisHealth or Epic MyChart® mobile app and press the Appointments icon.
Step 2: Press the scheduled Video Visit appointment slot.
Step 3: Press Begin Visit to connect your video call. It may take up to 20 seconds for the camera screen to activate. Rotate your screen horizontally for the landscape view.
If this is your first video visit, click “allow access to the microphone and camera” from the pop-up message.
For questions or access support, call 916-703-HELP (916-703-4357).
Helpful tips and tricks for video visit appointments
- Make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi connection. A 4G or LTE connection works, however you may experience interruptions due to a weak signal
- Find a setting where you can talk freely and avoid distractions during your visit
- Be sure to eliminate all background noises and mute TVs and music
- Choose a well-lit area, so your doctor can see you. Avoid shaded areas, sitting in front of windows or behind shiny backgrounds, they can reflect light
- Use your camera to show your care team medications, rashes or wounds
- Be prepared with a list of questions to ask your care team