The Summer Institute on Neurodevelopmental Disabilities
Women on the Spectrum: From Research to Real Life
This annual event is intended to help participants keep pace with the latest in evidence-based treatment, public policy, and research on neurodevelopmental disabilities and the implications for best practices in prevention, assessment, and treatment. Due to the current restrictions for large gatherings within our community, we have decided to offer a virtual event this year. We are excited to offer this inter-disciplinary event, bringing together researchers and self-advocates to share valuable information and personal experience. We welcome all health care professionals, educators, therapists, self-advocates and families/caregivers to this free virtual event.
August 7, 2020, 9:00-12:45p.m.
Space is limited, Register now.
Camouflaging in Autistic Women
Christine Wu Nordahl, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and UC Davis MIND Institute at UC Davis Health
Autism and ADHD in Girls and Women: One or the Other, or Both?
Meghan Miller, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and UC Davis MIND Institute at UC Davis Health
Life on the Spectrum: Women Sharing their Unique Experiences: Panel discussion and moderated Q & A
- Kristen Godfrey, autistic advocate, LEND Alumni, Developmental Psychology Graduate student, parent to two autistic boys
- Lisa Malins, bioinformatician, UC Davis Biotechnology Class of 2020, autistic neurodiversity advocate
- Erica Mineo, autistic advocate, musician, and undergraduate pre-veterinary student (Biological Sciences)
- Chloe Rankin, B.A., University of California, Davis, Motivational Speaker on Autism, Graduate Student, Overcomer of Disability Stigma
- Jacquelyn Fede, Ph.D., Assistant Research Professor, University of Rhode Island, Department of Psychology and Co-founder/Co-director at Autism Level UP!
- Nicole Sparapani, PhD, CCC-SLP, Assistant Professor, School of Education at UC Davis and UC Davis MIND Institute at UC Davis Health