Fragile X Syndrome
Welcome to the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD) resource page for Fragile X Syndrome.
What is Fragile X Syndrome?
Fragile X Syndrome (FXS) is the most common cause of inherited mental impairment. This impairment can range from learning disabilities to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities. FXS is the most common known cause of autism or "autistic-like" behaviors. Symptoms also can include characteristic physical and behavioral features and delays in speech and language development.
- National Fragile X Foundation »
- Fragile X Clinical & Research Consortium (for patients and healthcare providers) »
- FRAXA Research Foundation »
- "The Carriers" / “The X-Factor in Infertility & Neurological Health”, Scientific American MIND (March 2016) »
- UC Davis MIND Institute Fragile X Research and Treatment Center »
The websites listed are independent of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD). Resources are provided for information only and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities.