Katren Tyler, professor of emergency medicine, also serves as UC Davis Health’s medical director of physician wellness and the vice chair for faculty development, wellness and outreach.
She has assembled a list of resources, many of them specific to the COVID-19 crisis, aimed at cultivating health and wellness among physicians and other health care professionals.
1. National Academy of Medicine: Resources to Support the Health and Well-Being of Clinicians During COVID-19 NAM resources
2. Med+Ed: COVID-19 Resources for Healthcare Providers, Families, and Leadership Med+Ed and also here Med+Ed Self Care
3. Uniformed Services University’s Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress: COVID-19 Pandemic Response Resources USU CSTS COVID
4. American Academy of Pediatricians: Keeping well in COVID Resources for Healthcare Professionals COVID AAP
5. Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education ACGME
6. AMA COVID-19 Guides for Health Care Professionals COVID-19 AMA
7. Nature: Mentoring During the COVID-19 Pandemic Mentoring
8. American College of Lifestyle Medicine COVID-19 ACLM resources
9. Vital Talk: COVID ready communication playbook Vital Talk
10. Psychological First Aid resources from NY Office of Mental Health and American Psychological Association
11. UC Davis Local Resources (pre-COVID) UCD Health and Well-being Resources
12. Collection of free/discounted wellness apps in the time of COVID 9TO5