The annual Walmart and Sam’s Club miracle balloon campaign to benefit Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) and UC Davis Children’s Hospital kicked off Aug. 27. Although there are still a few days left of the campaign, numbers released from CMN corporate indicate that CMN at UC Davis already holds several top spots based on their fundraising efforts.
Despite a one-week break to provide logistics and support to residents affected by Hurricane Florence, the 597 Sam’s Clubs and 4,177 Walmart store locations have been dedicated to supporting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. The Sacramento market of 69 store locations, which benefits UC Davis Children’s Hospital, currently has the #1 top grossing large format store in Lodi and ranks #6 of the top 10 markets in the country for total funds raised. These numbers reflect just 60 percent of the campaign totals for the Sacramento market.
Additional highlights include:
- Top 10 markets in the country – #6 Total Funds Raised: 17% increase overall
- Top 10 markets in the country – #9 Total $ Increase Year Over Year (YOY): $70,967
- Top 20 locations in the country – #3 Total Funds, Lodi Store, #1789: 374% increase YOY
- Top 20 locations in the country – #16 Total Funds, North Highlands, #4393: 45% increase YOY
- Top 20 locations in the country – #3 Total Dollar Increase, Lodi Store, #1789: $20,305 increase YOY
- Top 20 locations in the country – #16 Total Dollar Increase, Stockton Store, #1554: $10,949 increase YOY
- Top 20 locations in the country – #18 Total Dollar Increase, Tracy Store, #2025: $10,949 increase YOY
- The Walmart store location in Lodi was the #1 large format store of 5 reported for top grossing stores in the country
“Through the team’s passion, increased store visits and new strategies developed this year, CMN has deepened its relationships and harnessed the power of our in-store and regional champions at Walmart and Sam’s Club,” said Jacquelyn Mills, senior director of development for CMN at UC Davis. “This has given us the content to keep our narrative alive through social media and the power of storytelling.”
The Walmart and Sam’s Club miracle balloon campaign to benefit CMN at UC Davis runs through Sept. 30, 2018.
Since 1987, Walmart and Sam's Club have partnered with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals to raise funds for local, nonprofit children's hospitals. As part of their fundraising efforts each year, Walmart and Sam's Club locations host a balloon icon campaign for the kids at all Walmart, Sam's Club and Neighborhood Market locations. Customers and members have the option to donate $1, $2 or $5 at the register - or any amount no matter how large or small - to help make miracles happen for local kids.