A Continuing to Breastfeed when Returning to Work or School workshop is offered by the WorkLife and Wellness programThursday, Jan. 17, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Facilities Support Services Building (FSSB), room 2020.
- Implications of California State Law, AB-1025; the Affordable Care Act, and the UC Policy PPSM 84 Accommodations for Nursing Mothers
- How to establish a breastfeeding plan
- Plan ahead at work and home
- Register with the UC Davis Breastfeeding Support Program: lactation sites, room etiquette and administration
- Practice: pumping, expressing and bottle-feeding
- Milk storage: long-term and for the day
- Devise a "return to work" checklist goup activity
The instructor, Shirley German, is certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
Please RSVP to Marina Podoreanu at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-734-2760.
Human Resources' WorkLife and Wellness Program provides information and opportunities for all UC Davis and UC Davis Health System employees, staff, faculty, retirees and students to create and maintain healthy, active and balanced lifestyles by offering free wellness classes, discounts, events and resources. Contact the program at 916-734-2760 or visit http://worklife-wellness.ucdavis.edu/.