Call for applications! WIMHS Fellowship - Leadership Development Opportunity
Currently accepting applications now through March, 15 2019.
View detailed information and required documents for the WIMHS Fellowship (formerly WIMHS Scholar/Mentee).
Women in Medicine and Health Sciences (WIMHS)
UC Davis Health Women in Medicine and Health Sciences (WIMHS) is an alliance with Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) in medical schools throughout the nation through its interactions with the AAMC Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS). We partner with the medical student group with a similar mission, American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA).
Please visit our WIMHS blog »
The priority areas of the Women in Medicine and Health Sciences Strategic Plan include:
- Recruitment: To become a AAMC leader in the recruitment (and retention) of women faculty, especially for those at the ranks of Associate and Full Professor.
- Retention: To identify vulnerable groups of women for departure, increase access to mentors and provide guidance on the advancement process.
- Culture and Environment: To enhance and improve the current culture and promote women’s careers in medicine and health sciences.
- Leadership: To develop navigation roadmaps to leadership excellence for women.
- Scholarship: To provide advocacy and seek opportunities for scholarly contributions and other collaborative work.
Please see the Women in Medicine and Health Sciences Strategic Plan (PDF) for full details.
The latest from WIMHS
WIMHS Scholar/Mentee Call for Applications NOW OPEN
To be notified of the call via email - be sure to subscribe to the WIMHS listserv by joining the e-mail list at the top of the home page.
"Why not self nominate?"
Deans' Awards Annual Call for Nominations - deadline Dec. 14, 2018
Take some advice from Faculty Development and Diversity's blog adaptation from Woman of Science.
Recipient of 2016 Dean's Team Award for Inclusion Excellence:
Celebrating the 200th Professor and 50 years for the School of Medicine:
Annual Fall Welcome & Recognition - 2018
Our annual WIMHS Fall Welcome and Recognition Reception is a time to welcome new faculty members to UC Davis Health and to celebrate promotions and accomplishments of current faculty. This year, Clara Paik, M.D. received the 200th Professor Pin. Congratulations Dr. Paik!