Anxiety is the most common mental health disorder diagnosed in childhood. And there are many different types of anxiety disorders. In this podcast we discuss generalized anxiety and panic disorder in teens. Including what behaviors are suggestive of anxiety, how its diagnosed, and why cognitive behavioral therapy is so effective for re-framing anxious feelings and behaviors.
This episode written by Drs. Lena van der List and Dean Blumberg.
We thank Dr. Dawn Blacker, psychologist at the UC Davis CAARE Diagnostic and Treatment Center, for reviewing this episode, although Drs. Lena and Dean take full responsibility for any errors or misinformation.
- AAP News Up to 30% of youths will develop anxiety disorders; how you can help
- KidsHealth Anxiety Disorders
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Your Adolescent – Anxiety and Avoidant Disorders
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Anxiety Disorders Resource Center
- Anxiety Canada My Anxiety Plan (MAP) for Children and Teens
- Oxford Clinical Psychology Treatments That Work Series
Photo from Medical Daily