Spot the Tooth! Teething in Toddlers
Teething is something all infants and parents will experience. Although all children will experience teething differently, there are common patterns. In this podcast we discuss the myths surrounding teething, general symptoms of teething, typical timing of teething, teething toys to use and avoid, as well as the dangers of some medications marketed for teething.
This episode was written by Dr. Lena van der List, Dr. Dean Blumberg and Neha Valluri.
We would like to thank Dr. Mary Metcalf, now retired clinical professor of pediatrics at UC Davis Children’s Hospital for reviewing this episode, although Dr. Lena and Dr. Dean take full responsibility for any errors or misinformation.
- Healthy Children- teething and tooth care
- MouthHealthy.org- order of tooth appearance
- FDA- safe products for teething and those to avoid!
- Kids and Babies | CPSC.gov
- Teething | American Academy of Pediatrics
- Symptoms associated with infant teething: a prospective study
Photo from Dream Smile Family