To systematically improve the quality of care for LGBTQ+ patients as well as the climate experienced by LGBTQ+ learners, staff, faculty and community members at UC Davis Health.
UC Davis Health welcomes, assures the safety and provides quality services for all patients, learners, staff, faculty and the broader community inclusive of sexual orientation, gender identity, and other intersecting identities.
- Assure the presence and inclusion of diversity in sexual orientation and gender identity in the Vice Chancellor and Dean’s goals for UC Davis Health.
- Enhance the inclusion of sexual orientation and gender identity diversity in leadership and governance.
- Enhance education on diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity in health services and training in LGBTQ+ health care competency among all learners.
- Ensure an institutional culture and climate that welcomes people of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Assist quality assurance and compliance departments in providing effective responses to instances of bias against individuals regarding their sexual orientation or gender identity and any other intersecting identities.
- Ensure recruitment, development and retention of learners, staff and faculty with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Enhance opportunities and resources for research designed to reduce health disparities related to diversity in sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Enhance research using community outreach, development and partnerships to address health disparities related to diversity in sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Assure evaluation of efforts addressing diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity through development of salient and valid metrics.
- Make ongoing recommendations about pressing LGBTQ+ issues to the Vice Chancellor, CEO of the Medical Center, AVC/Dean of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, and the AVC for Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Transgender Care Workgroup Subcommittee: Identify informatics needs to support the goal of the Council, and facilitate design and implementation of new functionality. Support other subcommittees’ analytics and informatics needs.
- Improving OUTcomes Conference Subcommittee: Produce the annual conference and maintain the Improving OUTcomes website.
- Executive Committee: Develop an annual report of the Council’s accomplishments and progress for the Vice Chancellor and Dean, solicit interest and receive nominations for new members and elected positions.
The Vice Chancellor’s LGBTQ+ Advisory Council (“the Council”) is the primary advisory body for the Vice Chancellor for Human Health Sciences, Deans of the School of Medicine and the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, Associate Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, and UC Davis Health leaders on sexual orientation and gender identity and their impact on the status of learners, staff, faculty and patients.
Purpose: The Council will advise and provide recommendations to the Vice Chancellor and other leaders to help assess, plan, develop, implement, improve, and refine efforts toward meaningful LGBTQ+ initiatives and policies within UC Davis. These initiatives and policies will be focused on improving the identification of populations at risk for health disparities and improving the quality of prevention and intervention care for all. Members of the Council will:
- Focus attention on enhancing inclusion of the UC Davis Health LGBTQ+ community as faculty, learners, staff
- Identify and prioritize actions that will connect UC Davis Health with the community it serves regarding important LGBTQ+ issues. The Council will also work to connect with relevant LGBTQ+ serving community
- Identify representatives to serve on committees to develop and direct future UC Davis Health Strategic