This podcast is all about school readiness! How do you know if your child is ready for kindergarten? How can you help prepare your child for attending school? There are many things you can do as a parent to help promote a healthy physical well-being, social and emotional development and language milestones. When the time comes for your child to start school, taking them to familiarize themselves with the school and meet their teacher beforehand, in addition to having a structured morning and evening routine can help make the adjustment easier. Be sure to listen to this episode for more tips!
This episode was written by Dr. Dean Blumberg, Dr. Lena van der List and Abby Michalak
- Healthy Children Is Your Preschooler Ready for Kindergarten?
- Healthy Children My daughter’s birthday is a few days before the kindergarten cut-off date. Should we hold her back?
- Healthy Children School Avoidance: Tips for Concerned Parents
- Attendance Works tools and handouts
- Healthy Children How to Ease Your Child’s Separation Anxiety
- American Academy of Pediatrics Policy The Pediatrician’s Role in Optimizing School Readiness
- American Academy of Pediatrics Technical Report School Readiness
Photo from zero to three