Heart valve repair and replacement
If you need treatment for heart valve disease, you receive the highest level of care at the UC Davis Health Heart and Vascular Center. Our doctors are internationally known for performing nonsurgical procedures to fix heart valve problems. This approach offers you a faster, less painful return to daily activities.
Why choose UC Davis for heart valve repair and replacement
Specialists at our Structural Heart Disease Program offer the latest surgical and nonsurgical treatments for heart valve disease. You benefit from:
- Region’s most experienced team: We were the first hospital in Sacramento to perform aortic valve replacement using a thin tube called a catheter. This procedure took place in 2012. Since then, we have performed more than 1,000 transcatheter aortic valve replacements (TAVRs). Our team’s vast experience improves your chances for a successful outcome. Find out more about TAVR.
- Experts in open-chest procedures: Catheter-based procedures are not right for everyone. Open-chest surgery allows your care team to perform multiple heart procedures during one operation. Your doctor will review your options with you to help you select the best treatment for your needs.
- Nationally recognized specialists: Our interventional cardiologists (doctors who specialize in catheter-based methods) train other doctors from across the country. Your care comes from heart specialists who are known for their skills performing these procedures.
- Commitment to nonsurgical advancements: We participate in cardiovascular clinical trials to develop and improve catheter-based techniques. Through these trials, you have access to a wide range of catheter-based procedures not available elsewhere in the area. Our doctors also conduct and publish research, as well as speak at conferences around the world.
- Care focused on you: We tailor your visit to our structural heart disease clinic to maximize your time. When possible, you meet with several specialists and undergo tests during the same appointment.
- Leading cardiac rehab team: We are home to Sacramento’s most experienced Cardiac Rehab Program. Our team of heart, exercise, nutrition and mental health specialists help you recover from a heart valve repair or replacement.