Commitment to quality and safety
How we keep our patients safe
Thank you for trusting us with your health care. We’re proud to offer you and your loved ones the expertise, resources and innovation of our region’s only nationally ranked academic health center.
Committed to your health care needs
Few personal decisions seem as important as finding quality health care that you can be confident in and comfortable with.
In the menu links on this page, you'll find highlights and information about quality and safety measures, accreditation for UC Davis Medical Center, and outside recognition for the medical center, UC Davis Health primary care and overall UC Davis Health.
Our health system makes an extraordinary commitment to providing safe, high-quality care, and we are routinely measured against strict standards. We perform well in evaluations and comparisons by a wide variety of observers, including government agencies, nonprofit organizations, industry groups and the news media.
As an academic health center, we undergo this scrutiny while:
- treating very highly acute, complex and rare cases
- creating medical breakthroughs and pioneering new treatments that save and improve lives
- teaching others about the effectiveness of these advances
- helping to improve the breadth and quality of care in other hospitals
- increasing access to comprehensive, culturally appropriate care for underserved populations
- reducing health disparities and raising awareness about the social determinants of health
- educating the next generation of health professionals and leaders, and
- leading efforts to transform and improve the delivery of care.
UC Davis Health routinely conducts surveys and studies to gauge performance and identify areas for improvement. Medical center staff also encourage patients to "speak up" at any time with questions and concerns.
However, if you ever have any concerns about your care or safety at UC Davis Medical Center that have not been addressed to your satisfaction, you are also encouraged to contact medical center management through our Patient Relations department at 916-734-9777 or 800-305-6540.
The center of the health care team is not the primary care physician, a hospitalist, a primary nurse or a medical specialist — it is you, the patient!